Newgrange Private Morning Tour from Dublin5 Reviews
Discover a prehistoric monument older than Stonehenge on a 4.5-hour private tour of Newgrange from Dublin. Drive through the Boyne Valley to the circular mound and stone passageways of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see megalithic art.
- Discover a prehistoric monument that is older than Stonehenge
- Explore the Neolithic circular mound of Newgrange before the crowds arrive
- Travel through the beautiful Boyne Valley
- Reach the popular Newgrange compound before all the tourists arrive!
- Enter the passage tombs to see megalithic art
DescriptionTravel back through the centuries on a half-day morning tour to Newgrange from Dublin, and discover a prehistoric monument that is older than the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge! Depart Dublin and travel through the beautiful Boyne Valley, site of the famous Battle of the Boyne and a favorite spot to fish for salmon and trout in Ireland. Upon arrival at Newgrange, enter the passage tomb for a fully guided tour of the circular mound. The remarkable Neolithic ritual center has architectural links to the people of Denmark, Portugal, northern Spain, Brittany, and the Western Isles. Explore the 5,000-year-old settlement before the crowds arrive. Then, transfer back to Dublin through County Meath, home to some of Ireland’s most spectacular heritage sites. The entire area of the Boyne Valley is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, with 40 monuments that date from as early as 3200 BC.
IncludesPick-up from your hotel or the cruise terminal in Dublin Guide Guaranteed entrance to Newgrange Passage Tomb All transfers and tolls Parking fees All entrance fees at Newgrange Food and drinks Gratuities and personal expenses
- Newgrange is a UNESCO World Heritage Site (only 600 persons per day are allowed onto the site). An early departure of 8:00 AM allows you to get in and avoid large crowds.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring warm, weather appropriate clothes as some of your tour will take place outside