My Guide Website?
From Dublin: Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough & Kilkenny Tour961 Reviews
Escape Dublin on a guided day trip through Ireland's rolling countryside. Take in the views at the Wicklow Gap, tour the medieval monastery of Glendalough, and explore the winding lanes of Kilkenny.
- Marvel at the wild beauty and lush landscapes of the Irish countryside
- Learn the history of the Glendalough valley and monastery with your guide
- Witness the panoramic views of the Wicklow Mountains National Park
- Drive through sites from movies such as P.S. I Love You and Braveheart
- Enjoy a walking tour of Kilkenny and see its impressive medieval castle
DescriptionEmbark on a guided day trip through the lush pastures of Ireland from Dublin. Tour the vast Wicklow Mountains and see the monastery of Glendalough. Lose yourself in the medieval lanes of Kilkenny. Depart from Dublin and set off on a luxury bus to Glendalough. As you journey out of the city, your guide will fill you in on many interesting facts and fun stories about Dublin. Arrive at Glendalough, considered one of the most beautiful corners of Ireland. Enjoy an optional guided tour of the monastic settlement and some free time to explore the area or relax at a local café. The more adventurous can opt to take a hike to the Upper Lake and return via a boardwalk (approx. 2.5 km). The route takes you past the Lower Lake through a stunning nature trail that leads deep into the valley and on to the Upper Lake. Continue through the Wicklow Mountains. As you drive, your guide will tell you about its geology and history. Pass through famous movie locations featured in P.S. I Love You and Braveheart. Stop for a 10-minute photo opportunity at the Wicklow Gap before a scenic ride to Kilkenny. Once you reach Kilkenny, have free time to navigate the narrow lanes and historic buildings. Admire its extraordinary castle where you can picnic, or enjoy lunch in the local pubs. Then, join an optional guided tour of the city before making your way back to Dublin.
IncludesRound-trip transportation Luxury bus Wi-Fi on board USB charging points on board Live guide Walking tour of Glendalough Walking tour of Kilkenny
- There will be free time for lunch at Kilkenny. Your guide will point out possible options during the tour such as a picnic spot on the Kilkenny Castle grounds. There will be options to purchase food in Kilkenny or you can bring your own