My Guide Website?
Dublin: Kilkenny, Wicklow, & Glendalough with Sheepdog trail820 Reviews
Visit the medieval city of Kilkenny, pass through the beautiful countryside of the Wicklow Mountains towards Glendalough, and experience a working sheepdog demonstration on this guided full-day tour.
- Explore medieval Kilkenny which was once the capital of Ireland
- See location sites from movies such as 'P.S. I Love You' and 'Braveheart'
- Enjoy the beautiful view of Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains
- Visit a sheep farm and watch a sheepdog herd with his master
- Take in the striking scenery of this area and connect with local traditions
DescriptionAdmire the tower of Glendalough, the wild beauty of the Wicklow Mountains, and the medieval city of Kilkenny on a full-day guided tour from Dublin. Depart from Dublin and make your way directly to Kilkenny, a town that was once the medieval capital of Ireland. Enjoy walking down the cobbled streets and visit the Black Abbey and the Cathedral of Saint Canice. After that, travel through the Wicklow Mountains to your next stop. Visit the monastic site of Glendalough. Hollywood Blockbusters like ‘P.S. I Love You’ and ‘Braveheart’ have been filmed here. Explore the area renowned for its ruins, magnificent lakes, and waterfalls. Finally, head over to a sheepdog farm and watch a sheepdog herd with his master. Look at the Border Collies using a tactic called “The Eye” on sheep. Witness a shepherd and his dog at work and watch how they herd a flock of sheep.
IncludesTransportation Guided tour
- This tour involves a lot of walking and is not recommended for small children or people with limited mobility This is a long day trip and it can be up to 2 hours between stops Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund All times are approximate and locations might be visited in a different order, depending on traffic and weather conditions