Irish History & Treasures Tour with National Museum
Visit the National Museum of Ireland and other iconic Dublin highlights on this 2.5-hour tour. Learn about some of the most important events in Irish history with an expert guide specializing in Irish history and culture.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore exciting exhibitions and unmissable artifacts
- Have an expert local guide leading your tour
- Discover artifacts dating from 7000 B.C. through to the 20th Century
- Visit the National Treasury to view its priceless collection
- Visit Ireland’s top Georgian Square, Merrion Square
DescriptionLearn about some of the most important events in Irish history, and hear stories that explain the most important events that shaped the Ireland of today. This tour will highlight the story of the Irish, from 7,000 B.C. through to the 20th century. You will also visit the National Museum’s main exhibits and Treasury to explore the museum’s top highlights. This 2.5-hour tour does the work for you, with a guide to show you the most important curated highlights. You will view important pieces such as the Ardagh Chalice, The Tara Brooch, The Bog Bodies and many more. This award-winning museum is a true celebration of Ireland, showcasing its people, history, culture and artistic brilliance. The tour also includes a visit to the Viking exhibit, exploring the impact of the Vikings from the 9th to the 12th centuries. Your fully-guided tour will then continue with a walk through history to visit some of Dublin’s other highlights, including the Government Buildings, the Georgian highlights of Merrion Square and Stephens Green (Dublin City’s Central Park). With small groups of only 25 guests or fewer, this tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide.
IncludesAccess to the National Museum of Ireland and Treasury Local professional guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Transportation Food and drink
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines, and stairs
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Strollers, baby carriages, wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility cannot be accommodated
- Contact local supplier if you would like to discuss any physical disabilities or limitations
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Kildare Village Shopping Package Day Trip from Dublin
Save money on luxury fashion items with a full-day shopping package to Kildare Village from Dublin. Explore more than 60 high end boutiques from international designers,From €85.00
Belfast Titanic Quarter & Giant's Causeway Tour
Visit the birthplace of the Titanic on a tour of Belfast from Dublin. Explore the city by iconic black cab, visit the Titanic Experience, drive to the legendary Giant’s157 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Cliffs of Moher & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
See the Cliffs of Moher on a full-day tour that takes you from Dublin to the West of Ireland and back! Enjoy a relaxed 1-hour guided walk of this charming medieval city o546 ReviewsFrom €50.00
City Excursion and Howth Tour
See the real Dublin in one day with a local guide. Spend the morning in the city, becoming versed in Dublin's history whilst touring the Guinness Storehouse and Jameson DFrom €95.00
The Bingo Bus
Bingo is a great game for grannies right? Not any more. Hop aboard the Bingo Bus - Dublin's newest and wackiest bus trip. Zoom around the capital with your dabber out and1 ReviewsFrom €25.00
- Best Seller
Giant's Causeway Full-Day Tour from Dublin
Discover the dramatic landscapes of Northern Ireland on a day trip to the Giant's Causeway from Dublin. Explore Giant's Causeway, cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, vi1164 ReviewsFrom €60.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Wicklow National Park Private Tour
Discover the dramatic beauty of Wicklow Mountains National Park and visit the 6th-century monastic settlement of Glendalough on a 4.5-hour private tour from Dublin. See gFrom €350.00
Belfast and Giant's Causeway in Italian or Spanish
Enjoy the most curious formations in Northern Ireland and hear the fabulous legends surrounding them. Learn about Belfast's political past and take in panoramic views of6 ReviewsFrom €75.00
- Best Seller
Boyne Valley: Full-Day Celts and Castles Guided Tour
Take a day tour from Dublin to the scenic Boyne Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the ancient Celtic temple at Newgrange, the megalithic site of Knowth, Trim Cast69 ReviewsFrom €35.00