Irish History & Treasures Tour with National Museum
Visit the National Museum of Ireland and other iconic Dublin highlights on this 2.5-hour tour. Learn about some of the most important events in Irish history with an expert guide specializing in Irish history and culture.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore exciting exhibitions and unmissable artifacts
- Have an expert local guide leading your tour
- Discover artifacts dating from 7000 B.C. through to the 20th Century
- Visit the National Treasury to view its priceless collection
- Visit Ireland’s top Georgian Square, Merrion Square
DescriptionLearn about some of the most important events in Irish history, and hear stories that explain the most important events that shaped the Ireland of today. This tour will highlight the story of the Irish, from 7,000 B.C. through to the 20th century. You will also visit the National Museum’s main exhibits and Treasury to explore the museum’s top highlights. This 2.5-hour tour does the work for you, with a guide to show you the most important curated highlights. You will view important pieces such as the Ardagh Chalice, The Tara Brooch, The Bog Bodies and many more. This award-winning museum is a true celebration of Ireland, showcasing its people, history, culture and artistic brilliance. The tour also includes a visit to the Viking exhibit, exploring the impact of the Vikings from the 9th to the 12th centuries. Your fully-guided tour will then continue with a walk through history to visit some of Dublin’s other highlights, including the Government Buildings, the Georgian highlights of Merrion Square and Stephens Green (Dublin City’s Central Park). With small groups of only 25 guests or fewer, this tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide.
IncludesAccess to the National Museum of Ireland and Treasury Local professional guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Transportation Food and drink
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines, and stairs
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Strollers, baby carriages, wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility cannot be accommodated
- Contact local supplier if you would like to discuss any physical disabilities or limitations
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Howth: 5-Hour Tour in Italian with Boat Trip and Trekking
Discover Howth village in Italian. Enjoy a fantastic boat tour around Ireland's eye and walk on the most beautiful cliffs near Dublin. Finish your tour drinking the tastiFrom €30.00
Dublin 2.5-Hour Guided Bike Tour
Explore the sights and sounds of Dublin on a 2.5-hour guided bike tour and ride past historic architecture, learning about the legends and contemporary life of the Irish122 ReviewsFrom €30.00
The Gravedigger Ghost Bus 2-Hour Tour
Explore the darker side of Dublin's past on a 2-hour comedy/horror tour by specially-equipped bus. Scream with laughter as a couple of ghostly guides lead you around the49 ReviewsFrom €25.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Guinness Storehouse Guinness Beer Club
Unlock some of the hidden magic behind the world famous Guinness Brewery by joining an intimate guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse. Enjoy a guided journey of discover14 ReviewsFrom €40.00
From Luxury Transfers to Kildare Village
Enjoy exceptional savings on luxury fashion and lifestyle brands during a full-day trip from Dublin to Kildare Village shopping destination. Explore more than 60 boutique5 ReviewsFrom €10.00
Dublin Pass with Bus Tour: Free Entry to 33 Attractions
Skip the lines and gain access to all of the top sites and experiences around Dublin with a state-of-the-art smart card. Save money and time with the exclusive Dublin Pas70 ReviewsFrom €61.00
Brazen Head and Castle City Tour
Combine the best of Irish history and pub culture in a single 2.5-hour tour. Visit the 12th-century Dublin Castle built by King John. Then experience the warm atmosphere1 ReviewsFrom €29.00
Dublin Half-Day Private Walking Tour for Small Groups
Walk the historic streets of Dublin on an award-winning private tour created by renowned author and historian Pat Liddy. Tours cater to small groups and families, and vis6 ReviewsFrom €192.00
Local Food Tour
On this Dublin food tour, you will be shown where the locals eat, drink, relax and enjoy the dazzling city of Dublin. Enjoy 8 stops with your passionate local guide and l11 ReviewsFrom €65.00