My Guide Website?
Carve a ring from Wax
Our wax carving class is for you if you want to give wax carving a try and have some fun! Learn the ancient art of lost wax casting in our new 2.5 hour workshop.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Dublin: Half-Day Trip to Glendalough and Wicklow
- From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway City Day Tour
- Dublin: Full-Day Tour to Cork, Cobh and Blarney Castle
- Northern Ireland 3-Day Tour from Dublin
- Cliffs of Moher and Blarney 2-Day Tour from Dublin
- Our Forge a Silver Ring classes have more that 3000 5 star reviews.
- You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths.
- No experience necessary.
DescriptionOur wax carving class is a perfect place to start if you want to give wax carving a try and have some fun! We understand how daunting it is to start something new & how easy it is to lose it, if you don’t use it We pride ourselves on small intimate classes, this is so that: 1. You, our students feel comfortable in your new explorations. 2. Our teachers can really get to know you and help and guide you through each class. What is wax carving and how does it work? For centuries, Jewellery artisans have been sculpting their own Jewellery designs from wax!You start by learning about the lost wax casting process. You will then be shown samples of wax rings before and after they were cast. Your tutor will then give you a sample piece of wax to practice carving before moving on to getting creative and carving your own ring .You have the option to make a standard width ring (that is included in the price) Or you can choose a thicker ring for and extra €20, including casting. Embrace your creativity with your designs while our expert will help you bring your idea to life, while learning new skills. This wax carving class is suitable for complete beginners and those looking to learn something new while having some fun. Once you’re finished carving your design, it’s then ready to be cast!
IncludesFrequently asked questions Do we need prior experience to do this class? Absolutely not this is a fun, interactive class designed for anyone to take part in! We teach you from scratch. Do we get to keep the ring at the end? Your wax carved ring is sent for casting and it will be sent back to us where we clean it up and have it ready for you to collect in approx 3 weeks. Can someone under the age of 18 take part? Yes absolutely, this class can be attended by people as young as 10. However, anyone under the age of 16 does need to be accompanied by an adult, which means you will be making one too. We use hand tools such as hammers and files that could potentially hurt them so we need you there to watch over and help them. If you have any other questions not listed here, please feel free to reach out by contacting email@example.com
- All you need to bring is a note book and pen, should you wish to jot down any tips :) We provide Tea & coffee and chocolates. All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course. All the wax to practice on and make your own ring.