My Guide Website?
Dublin: Fast-Track Book of Kells Ticket & Dublin Castle Tour878 Reviews
Enter the Old Library at Trinity College Dublin to see the illuminated manuscript of the Book of Kells. Learn about its dense symbolism and rich ornamentation. Then, explore the grounds and gardens of Dublin Castle, former seat of British rule in Ireland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover up close the finest example of Ireland's most important medieval illuminated manuscripts
- Wander the gardens and grounds of Dublin Castle
- Learn about the rich symbolism of the Book of Kells with an expert local guide
- See and walk through Europe's largest vaulted library
- Discover hidden highlights of Dublin
DescriptionDiscover the “most precious object in the western world,” according to the 1007 Chronicles of Ulster, on a cultural fast-track easy access tour of the Book of Kells at Trinity College Dublin. Meet your local Dublin guide at the main entrance to Trinity College and marvel at the rich ornamentation and dense symbolism of the 8th-century Book of Kells. This is an illuminated manuscript of the 4 Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Get up close and admire one of the finest examples of medieval illumination. On the second part of this fascinating tour visit the 12th-century Dublin Castle built by King John where your professional local English-speaking guide will show you all the exterior highlights including the Castle gardens, affording you one of the best tour experiences in Ireland. From Autumn/Fall 2023, the Library at Trinity College will be closed for renovations. The 9th-century Book of Kells will still be on display.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Book of Kells at Trinity College English speaking local guide
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- All participants should be in good health; consult your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as all footpaths and curbs may not will have suitable ramps
- Please inform the tour partner of any physical disabilities or limitations so they can determine the appropriateness of the tour
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible.
- From Autumn/Fall 2023 the Library at Trinity College will be closed for renovations. The 9th century Book of Kells will still be on display.