My Guide Website?
Giant's Causeway & Belfast (Titanic or Black Taxi)
, Shankill Road https://www.myguidedublin.com/events/giants-causeway-belfast-titanic-or-black-taxi
Dublin: Giant's Causeway & Belfast (Titanic or Black Taxi)
- Enjoy an award winning day trip to the highlights of Northern Ireland
- Explore Belfast by iconic black taxi or visit the Titanic experience
- Discover the beauty of the the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway
- Visit Dunluce Castle, iconic historical castle known from Game of Thrones
- Learn facinating history, stories, and local culture with the help of your guide
DescriptionTravel through the Boyne Valley on a full-day scenic tour from Dublin, and discover the home of the 5,000-year-old Hill of Tara, the ancient capital of the High Kings of Ireland. Upon arrival in Belfast you have the option to take a political sightseeing tour in an iconic black cab (taxi) or visit the Titanic Experience For the black cab tour you will see sites that have played a key role in the city’s political history, such as the Falls and Shankill neighbourhoods. Learn about the industrial roots of Belfast, and the 4 decades of civil unrest in the late 20th century. Sign the peace line, the towering wall that divides the communities, and read the political murals. A guide will relate their own family experiences to give your tour a more personal touch. Alternatively, go to the world’s largest state-of-the-art Titanic experience in Belfast’s new Titanic Quarter, located in the former shipyards of Harland and Wolf. Relive the liner’s tragic voyage, sinking, and eventful discovery on the seabed, via exhibits that explain her construction, launch and history in 9 different galleries. Typically the tour would visit the Carrick A Rede Rope Bridge. However, it is currently closed for tour operators and it is not yet clear as to when it will reopen. As an alternative attraction, visit the very popular Dun Luce Castle. Enjoy this historic castle that dates back over 500 years and which is dramatically positioned on the edge of a cliff over the Atlantic. Discover this castle which has been used to film things like Game of Thrones. Visit and peruse the castle and grounds for 35 minutes. Arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Giant’s Causeway, formed over 60 million years ago by volcanic eruptions. Admire its distinctive rock formations that span nearly 18 miles of coastline. Hike to the formations known as “The Wishing Chair”, “Giant's Boot”, and “Giant's Organ.” Learn the legend of the Irish giant Finn McCool, said to be the Causeway's creator. This is where you have the option to have lunch in a number of venues located at the Causeway. With 2.5-hours there is ample time to lunch and walk this fabulous coastal landscape. Continue along the Antrim Coastal, driving past spectacular scenery of stony shores, wooded glens and sheltered harbors. See the remains of Dunseverick Castle, and admire views of the Mull of Kintyre. On a clear day, see Scotland in the distance. The route back to Dublin is different than the route taken to the Causeway earlier in the day, giving you different scenery to enjoy. Arrive back in Dublin City Center at 10:00 PM and enjoy the rest of your evening. The tour guide will be on hand to help you with any directions or information you need.
IncludesTransportation in a luxury touring bus Professional driver Guide Titanic experience OR the black taxi Belfast political tour Giant's Causeway Pathways and heritage site Visit to Dun Luce Castle Complimentary literature
- • All-weather clothing is recommended. • The Carrick A Rede Rope Bridge is currently closed to the public and it is not yet clear as to when it will reopen. As an alternative attraction, you will visit the very popular Dun Luce Castle. This iconic historical castle dates back over 500 years and its location on the Cliff Edge of the North Atlantic makes it one of the most dramatic settings in Europe. The castle has been frequently used over the years in many movies, most recently in the tv series Game of Thrones. There will be paid admittance to visit and peruse the castle and grounds for 35 minutes.