My Guide Website?
Ireland's North Atlantic Coast 5-Day Tour from Dublin
Discover the scenic highlights of Northern Ireland and the Atlantic Coast on a 5-day package tour from Dublin. Visit the Titanic docks of Belfast, experience the Gaelic culture of Donegal, marvel at dramatic seas cliffs and ancient castles, and much more.
- Discover the highlights of Eire and Northern Ireland's Atlantic Coast
- Go to the very edge of Europe at Achill Island
- See the dramatic rocks of the Giant's Causeway
- Stay in the seaside resort of Portrush
- Experience the Gaelic culture of Donegal
- Drive the Sky Road of Connemara
- Admire the largest collection of megalithic tombs in Ireland
- Enjoy some fresh seafood in Westport
- Visit the birthplace of the Titanic ocean liner at Belfast's new Titanic Experience
DescriptionEnjoy a scenic tour of Eire and Northern Ireland’s Atlantic Coast on a 5-day package tour from Dublin. Stay in quaint bed and breakfast accommodation in Portrush, Donegal, and Westport along the way. Go to the edge of Europe at Achill Island, explore the new Titanic Quarter in Belfast to see where the ill-fated ocean liner was built, marvel at the dramatic geology of the Giant’s Causeway, and immerse yourself in Gaelic culture. Day 1: Depart Dublin at 09:00 and travel north towards the border with Northern Ireland. From here it is a short journey to Belfast, famous for its industrial past and turbulent history. After a short tour of some of the city’s key areas, arrive in the newly redeveloped Titanic Quarter, where you will have time for lunch and a visit to the award-winning museum. In the afternoon, experience the contrast between the busy city center and the scenery of the Antrim Coast and Glens. Follow part of the coast from Ballycastle to the world famous Giant's Causeway. Marvel at the stunning coastal scenery, before checking into your overnight accommodation in the holiday town of Portrush. Day 2: Go to the walled city of Derry, designated a UK City of Culture in 2013. Enjoy some free time to explore the old city center, and visit one of the many museums or galleries. Then cross the border to the Republic of Ireland, traveling into one of the most remote and unspoilt areas of the country. Explore County Donegal’s dramatic scenery and Gaelic culture. Pass through Glenveagh National Park and the Errigal Mountains, before following the coast through traditional fishing villages. Stop for nature walks along the way, and soak up the local culture before checking into your overnight accommodation in Donegal. Day 3: Travel south along the coast from Donegal to County Sligo, and see the grave of the famous poet W.B. Yeats. Gaze at the mountain scenery of Ben Bulben, before exploring Sligo Town at Carrowmore, site of the largest collection of megalithic tombs in Ireland. Continue west into County Mayo to discover an area hit hard by the great potato famine, leading many to emigrate to North America. Drive through large areas of farmland, bog, and open moor, enjoying panoramic views of the distant hills. Return to the Atlantic Coast and Achill Island on the edge of Europe. Savor the peace and quiet of the beautiful area, before driving to Westport for your next 2 nights accommodation. Day 4: Today’s itinerary is weather dependent, and your guide will advise the best things to see. Explore the beautiful house and grounds of Kylemore Abbey, or marvel at the wilderness of Connemara National Park. Go to Clifden to see where the first transatlantic flight landed. Other options include the scenic Sky Road and 12 Bens of Connemara. Return to Westport for an evening at leisure, and the chance to sample some local seafood in one of the many excellent restaurants. Day 5: Enjoy a leisurely start to the day, before leaving Westport and going inland through the heart of Connemara. Visit the village of Cong on the shore of Lough Corrib to see where the classic movie “The Quiet Man” was filmed. Explore Cong Abbey, or the Quiet Man Museum, before driving through the Maam Valley to Galway City. Enjoy some free time for lunch, and to explore the vibrant city center. Return to Dublin, stopping at the old whisky distillery of Locke’s Distillery in Kilbeggan to learn about Ireland’s favorite tipple en route.
IncludesTransportation by top of the range 16-seat Mercedes minicoach Driver/guide 4 nights B&B accommodation Meals Refreshments Visitor attraction fees
- Please note that the return time to Dublin on the last day is approximately 19:00
- This tour operates with a maximum of 16 passengers for a more intimate experience and personal service
- Please note that there will be plenty of time off the bus for nature walks, so bring suitable clothing and footwear
- Accommodation is in small, locally owned, guesthouses and B&Bs. All rooms are en suite. Guesthouses may be a short walk from the city center • Individual travelers should select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people traveling together please choose the twin room option
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kg (31 lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now