My Guide Website?
Christ Church Cathedral Entrance Ticket & Self-Guided Tour312 Reviews
Explore one of the most sacred monuments in Dublin on a self-guided tour of the nave and crypt of Christ Church Cathedral. Learn more about Dublin's oldest working structure.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Dublin: Half-Day Trip to Glendalough and Wicklow
- From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway City Day Tour
- Dublin: Full-Day Tour to Cork, Cobh and Blarney Castle
- Northern Ireland 3-Day Tour from Dublin
- Cliffs of Moher and Blarney 2-Day Tour from Dublin
- Discover the Magna Carta and the oddities of the crypt of Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
- Marvel at the stunning nave with its magnificent floor tiles
- Follow in the footsteps of Middle Ages pilgrims
DescriptionJourney back in time by almost 1,000 years as you enter Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin. Built circa 1028, the sacred monument is perfectly located in the heart of the city's medieval center and features a beautiful interior and the largest crypt in Ireland. Constructed in the early 12th century, and the oldest structure still in use in Dublin today, the crypt is home to some fascinating memorials and curiosities. Look at the treasury, and see the mummified cat and rat. According to cathedral lore, the cat chased the rat into the pipe of an organ and both became stuck. They are mentioned by James Joyce in 'Finnegans Wake' and are known locally - with typical Dublin wit - as 'Tom and Jerry.' Follow in the footsteps of the pilgrims who beat a path to the church in the Middle Ages. Learn about the important collection of relics in the church. Admire the stained glass windows and medieval floor tiles of the nave.
IncludesEntrance to Christ Church Cathedral Dublin Self-guided tour of the nave and crypt Audio guide available in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian (subject to availability).
- Keep in mind the last admission is 45 minutes before closing. The Cathedral's opening hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays work around service times Please check their website for more information on this: https://christchurchcathedral.ie/worship-music/