My Guide Website?
Blarney Castle & Rock of Cashel Private Car Trip from Dublin
Kiss the famous Blarney Stone to gain the gift of eloquence and discover the secrets of the Blarney Castle and Gardens on a full-day car trip from Dublin. Includes skip-the-line tickets.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the majestic Blarney Castle with a 5-Star History Expert-Guide
- Hear the legend of Blarney Stone and other interesting facts
- See Cahir Castle, one of the largest and best-preserved castles in Ireland(11-h)
- Follow in the footsteps of St. Patrick in the Rock of Cashel (11-hour)
- Enjoy private car transfers with pickup and drop off direct to your accomodation
DescriptionDo you know why millions of visitors flock to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone? You can discover the legend behind this old tradition on a guided tour of the castle! Visit one of the most famous Irish castles and gardens with a History Expert and experience a real Irish adventure! Book a 9,5-hour tour to visit the Blarney Castle and Gardens. For your convenience, skip-the-line tickets and private car transfers from Dublin, with pickup direct from your accommodation, are included in this full-day tour. You will enjoy a wonderful journey through the poetically beautiful Irish landscapes to Blarney Castle, one of the country’s greatest treasures. It was built nearly 600 years ago by a great chieftain, Cormac MacCarthy and gained popularity as the home of the Blarney Stone. On your private tour you will explore the castle's rich history and heritage and enjoy its attractions. You will have a chance to lean backward through the hole in the castle's battlements and kiss the legendary Stone of Eloquence. The guide will tell you the old legend of the stone's origin and about the famous people who have kissed it. You will also hear other interesting stories about the Blarney Castle, such as the reason why Queen Elizabeth I refused to take possession of this stronghold. The Blarney Stone is not the only attraction of the castle. You will admire the ornate banqueting hall and family room, and look for the Witches' Cave in the wonderful gardens. There will be free time for lunch and souvenir shop before the driver takes you back to your accommodation in Dublin. Choose the 11-hour option to enhance your Irish adventure with 2 more attractions. On this extended tour you will stop outside the Cahir Castle to admire one the largest and best-preserved castles in Ireland (outside only) and learn about the filming of the “Excalibur” and “The Tudors”. Another highlight will be a visit inside the Rock of Cashel. It is known as the soul of Ireland and the site of the conversion of the King of Munster by St. Patrick in the 5th century. The Rock comprises several old structures, some dating from c. 1100, with highlights such as the Cormac’s Chapel, the Cathedral and the walled graveyard. Explore the picturesque medieval complex and discover its best-kept secrets with your Expert Guide!
IncludesPrivate Day Trip from Dublin to the Blarney Castle and Gardens, Cahir Castle and the Rock of Cashel (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Private Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Skip-the-line tickets to Blarney Castle & Gardens (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to Rock of Cashel and sightseeing outside the Cahir Castle (11-hour option only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accomodation in Dublin
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to Rock are not included in the 9,5-hour tour. In the 11-hour tour, you will see Cahir Castle only from the outside. Skip-the-line tickets allow you to skip the line at the ticket office but not at the entrance. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. 9,5-hour tour: for the best experience, we will limit the group size to 25 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. The price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. 11-hour tour: due to local regulations, this tour will be limited to 1-10 people. Lunch can be arranged upon request.