St Patrick's Cathedral: Self-Guided Cathedral Admission
As the largest cathedral and one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s has been at the heart of Dublin and Ireland’s history and culture for over 800 years. Visit the cathedral and learn about its history.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit where Jonathan Swift, author of 'Gulliver's Travels' and dean of the cathedral, is buried and learn about his life and work
- See the Door of Reconciliation, which gave rise to the Irish expression 'to chance your arm'
- Learn about its history through interactive touch screen technology and take a brass rubbing in the Discovery Space
- Experience beautiful Gothic architecture and stained glass windows, including a window showing the life of Saint Patrick in 39 images
DescriptionBuilt in honor of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral stands adjacent to the famous well where tradition has it, Saint Patrick baptized converts on his visit to Dublin. Built in 1220, the Cathedral is today the National Cathedral of the Church of Ireland, hosting sung services twice daily Sunday through Friday, and also serves as a popular visitor attraction. On view are a selection of artifacts relating to Jonathan Swift, the dean of the cathedral from 1713 to 1745 and author of Gulliver’s Travels. The cathedral also features a new Discovery Space with iPads playing samples of their choir and touch screen technology illuminating the cathedral’s long history. Perhaps more than any other building in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral embodies the history and heritage of all Irish people of all backgrounds from the earliest times to the present day.
IncludesSelf-guided admission Audio guides
- The donation option gives travellers an easy and direct way to support their favourite attractions. All donations made will be forwarded to the non-profit organizations taking care of these great places. GetYourGuide passes the full donated amount to the receiving organization and does not take any kind of provision or handling fee. Therefore, neither GetYourGuide nor the receiving organization issue any kind of donation receipt
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Kildare Village Shopping Package Day Trip from Dublin
Save money on luxury fashion items with a full-day shopping package to Kildare Village from Dublin. Explore more than 60 high end boutiques from international designers,From €85.00
Belfast Titanic Quarter & Giant's Causeway Tour
Visit the birthplace of the Titanic on a tour of Belfast from Dublin. Explore the city by iconic black cab, visit the Titanic Experience, drive to the legendary Giant’s157 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Cliffs of Moher & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
See the Cliffs of Moher on a full-day tour that takes you from Dublin to the West of Ireland and back! Enjoy a relaxed 1-hour guided walk of this charming medieval city o546 ReviewsFrom €50.00
City Excursion and Howth Tour
See the real Dublin in one day with a local guide. Spend the morning in the city, becoming versed in Dublin's history whilst touring the Guinness Storehouse and Jameson DFrom €95.00
The Bingo Bus
Bingo is a great game for grannies right? Not any more. Hop aboard the Bingo Bus - Dublin's newest and wackiest bus trip. Zoom around the capital with your dabber out and1 ReviewsFrom €25.00
- Best Seller
Giant's Causeway Full-Day Tour from Dublin
Discover the dramatic landscapes of Northern Ireland on a day trip to the Giant's Causeway from Dublin. Explore Giant's Causeway, cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, vi1164 ReviewsFrom €60.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Wicklow National Park Private Tour
Discover the dramatic beauty of Wicklow Mountains National Park and visit the 6th-century monastic settlement of Glendalough on a 4.5-hour private tour from Dublin. See gFrom €350.00
Belfast and Giant's Causeway in Italian or Spanish
Enjoy the most curious formations in Northern Ireland and hear the fabulous legends surrounding them. Learn about Belfast's political past and take in panoramic views of6 ReviewsFrom €75.00
- Best Seller
Boyne Valley: Full-Day Celts and Castles Guided Tour
Take a day tour from Dublin to the scenic Boyne Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the ancient Celtic temple at Newgrange, the megalithic site of Knowth, Trim Cast69 ReviewsFrom €35.00