St Patrick's Cathedral: Self-Guided Cathedral Admission
As the largest cathedral and one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s has been at the heart of Dublin and Ireland’s history and culture for over 800 years. Visit the cathedral and learn about its history.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit where Jonathan Swift, author of 'Gulliver's Travels' and dean of the cathedral, is buried and learn about his life and work
- See the Door of Reconciliation, which gave rise to the Irish expression 'to chance your arm'
- Learn about its history through interactive touch screen technology and take a brass rubbing in the Discovery Space
- Experience beautiful Gothic architecture and stained glass windows, including a window showing the life of Saint Patrick in 39 images
DescriptionBuilt in honor of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral stands adjacent to the famous well where tradition has it, Saint Patrick baptized converts on his visit to Dublin. Built in 1220, the Cathedral is today the National Cathedral of the Church of Ireland, hosting sung services twice daily Sunday through Friday, and also serves as a popular visitor attraction. On view are a selection of artifacts relating to Jonathan Swift, the dean of the cathedral from 1713 to 1745 and author of Gulliver’s Travels. The cathedral also features a new Discovery Space with iPads playing samples of their choir and touch screen technology illuminating the cathedral’s long history. Perhaps more than any other building in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral embodies the history and heritage of all Irish people of all backgrounds from the earliest times to the present day.
IncludesSelf-guided admission Audio guides
- The donation option gives travellers an easy and direct way to support their favourite attractions. All donations made will be forwarded to the non-profit organizations taking care of these great places. GetYourGuide passes the full donated amount to the receiving organization and does not take any kind of provision or handling fee. Therefore, neither GetYourGuide nor the receiving organization issue any kind of donation receipt
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Howth: 5-Hour Tour in Italian with Boat Trip and Trekking
Discover Howth village in Italian. Enjoy a fantastic boat tour around Ireland's eye and walk on the most beautiful cliffs near Dublin. Finish your tour drinking the tastiFrom €30.00
Dublin 2.5-Hour Guided Bike Tour
Explore the sights and sounds of Dublin on a 2.5-hour guided bike tour and ride past historic architecture, learning about the legends and contemporary life of the Irish122 ReviewsFrom €30.00
The Gravedigger Ghost Bus 2-Hour Tour
Explore the darker side of Dublin's past on a 2-hour comedy/horror tour by specially-equipped bus. Scream with laughter as a couple of ghostly guides lead you around the49 ReviewsFrom €25.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Guinness Storehouse Guinness Beer Club
Unlock some of the hidden magic behind the world famous Guinness Brewery by joining an intimate guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse. Enjoy a guided journey of discover14 ReviewsFrom €40.00
From Luxury Transfers to Kildare Village
Enjoy exceptional savings on luxury fashion and lifestyle brands during a full-day trip from Dublin to Kildare Village shopping destination. Explore more than 60 boutique5 ReviewsFrom €10.00
Dublin Pass with Bus Tour: Free Entry to 33 Attractions
Skip the lines and gain access to all of the top sites and experiences around Dublin with a state-of-the-art smart card. Save money and time with the exclusive Dublin Pas70 ReviewsFrom €61.00
Brazen Head and Castle City Tour
Combine the best of Irish history and pub culture in a single 2.5-hour tour. Visit the 12th-century Dublin Castle built by King John. Then experience the warm atmosphere1 ReviewsFrom €29.00
Dublin Half-Day Private Walking Tour for Small Groups
Walk the historic streets of Dublin on an award-winning private tour created by renowned author and historian Pat Liddy. Tours cater to small groups and families, and vis6 ReviewsFrom €192.00
Local Food Tour
On this Dublin food tour, you will be shown where the locals eat, drink, relax and enjoy the dazzling city of Dublin. Enjoy 8 stops with your passionate local guide and l11 ReviewsFrom €65.00