St Patrick's Cathedral: Self-Guided Cathedral Admission
As the largest cathedral and one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s has been at the heart of Dublin and Ireland’s history and culture for over 800 years. Visit the cathedral and learn about its history.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit where Jonathan Swift, author of 'Gulliver's Travels' and dean of the cathedral, is buried and learn about his life and work
- See the Door of Reconciliation, which gave rise to the Irish expression 'to chance your arm'
- Learn about its history through interactive touch screen technology and take a brass rubbing in the Discovery Space
- Experience beautiful Gothic architecture and stained glass windows, including a window showing the life of Saint Patrick in 39 images
DescriptionBuilt in honor of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral stands adjacent to the famous well where tradition has it, Saint Patrick baptized converts on his visit to Dublin. Built in 1220, the Cathedral is today the National Cathedral of the Church of Ireland, hosting sung services twice daily Sunday through Friday, and also serves as a popular visitor attraction. On view are a selection of artifacts relating to Jonathan Swift, the dean of the cathedral from 1713 to 1745 and author of Gulliver’s Travels. The cathedral also features a new Discovery Space with iPads playing samples of their choir and touch screen technology illuminating the cathedral’s long history. Perhaps more than any other building in Ireland, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral embodies the history and heritage of all Irish people of all backgrounds from the earliest times to the present day.
IncludesSelf-guided admission Audio guides
- The donation option gives travellers an easy and direct way to support their favourite attractions. All donations made will be forwarded to the non-profit organizations taking care of these great places. GetYourGuide passes the full donated amount to the receiving organization and does not take any kind of provision or handling fee. Therefore, neither GetYourGuide nor the receiving organization issue any kind of donation receipt
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Silent Disco Musical Walking Tour
It’s a flash mob. It’s a silent disco. It’s a roaming, rhythmic riot across the sound soaked city. Expect all your inhibitions to disintegrate as you bust some seriFrom €14.99
Private City Tour in German
Get an individually customized tour through Dublin. Learn more about its history, literature, architecture and the macabre facts. Decide when and where you want to start34 ReviewsFrom €250.00
Skip-the-Line Guinness Storehouse Signature Package
Enjoy fast-track entrance to the top tourist attraction in Dublin and skip the regular line waiting to enter the Guinness Storehouse. Take a self-guided tour of the home471 ReviewsFrom €32.75
Cliffs of Moher & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
See the Cliffs of Moher on a full-day tour that takes you from Dublin to the West of Ireland and back! Enjoy a relaxed 1-hour guided walk of this charming medieval city o546 ReviewsFrom €50.00
- Best Seller
Ireland: 2 Day Wild Atlantic Way Tour
See the world famous Cliffs of Moher, wonder at the barren beauty of the Burren, stroll through the grounds of Killarney National Park, and stay overnight on Dingle Penin2 ReviewsFrom €149.00
- Best Seller
From Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway Full-Day Tour
Get back to nature and experience the scenic landscapes of Ireland on a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher from Dublin. Visit the city of Galway, journey through The Burren2109 ReviewsFrom €45.00
Walking Tour of Dublin
Take a 90-minute walking tour of Dublin City center. See the most important landmarks and get lots of sightseeing ideas for the rest of your stay. This tour is designed t13 ReviewsFrom €4.00
4-Hour Georgian Dublin Walking Tour
From 1690-1820 Dublin experienced a period of transformation and architectural development as it became the second city of the British Empire. On this leisurely tour of G4 ReviewsFrom €250.00
Dublin Bay: Cruise from the City Centre to Dun Laoghaire
Escape the hustle and bustle of Dublin City and sail on a majestic 60 to 70-minute cruise south of Dublin Bay to the beautiful Dun Laoghaire Harbour.From €25.00
From Private Half-Day Walking Tour
Discover the City of Surprises on this half-day walking tour of Dublin. Marvel the Irish city's unique architecture as you learn the fascinating history behind the city's2 ReviewsFrom €220.00