Royal Dublin Golf Club
Royal Dublin Golf Club is home to an excellent (and very traditional) golf links located on an Island Nature Reserve and home to one of Ireland's foremost bird sanctuaries.
Instituted at a meeting held at no 19 Grafton Street in May 1885, the Club was pioneered by John Lumsden, a Scottish banker.
Originally called Dublin Golf Club, (it received its Royal designation in 1891 when there were 250 members paying £2 annual subscription - the entrance fee was 8 guineas), it was located near the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park. In 1889 The Club moved to its present home.
North Bull Island Nature Reserve, Dollymount, Golf---City--Beyond, D3View Larger Map
Best For What