My Guide Website?
River Liffey Sightseeing Cruise
, Dublin Docklands https://www.myguidedublin.com/events/river-liffey-sightseeing-cruise
Dublin: River Liffey Sightseeing Cruise
- Get a unique perspective of Dublin from the River Liffey
- Learn the history of Dublin and its river, from the Vikings to modern day redevelopments
- Climb aboard an all-weather river boat and sail past monuments such as Dublin Docklands
- See city landmarks and historic neighborhoods, such as Temple Bar, from the water
DescriptionClimb aboard an all-weather 48-passenger river boat for a 45-minute cruise along the River Liffey in Dublin and see the city from the water. Get insight into the history of Dublin City and the River Liffey in particular, from the arrival of the Vikings more than 1,000 years ago, through the swift development of Dublin during the 18th and 19th centuries, to the subsequent decline and more recent redevelopment of Dublin Docklands. Hear about the iconic Ha'penny Bridge and Gandon's masterpiece Custom House. Follow the story of Dublin’s Royal and Grand Canals, and see where Oliver Cromwell landed in 1649. Discover how Captain William Bligh surveyed Dublin Bay in 1800, and how much of present day Dublin now sits on reclaimed land, including Trinity College and the Spire in O'Connell Street.
- Please note that all bookings are subject to availability and tidal conditions on any given day If there is a problem with your selected time and date, you will be contacted to arrange an alternative sailing