Easy Access Kilmainham Gaol - War & Revolution Tour
Discover the fascinating history of Kilmainham Gaol and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence on this guided day-tour. Your tour also includes a visit to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See the execution site of the Leaders of the 1916 Uprising
- Visit The Irish National War Memorial Gardens
- Experience what life was like during the many Irish uprisings
- Hear about the historical events that changed the course of Irish history
DescriptionYour tour begins with a guided walk through the famous Kilmainham Gaol, here you will discover its fascinating history and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence from the England and Westminster. Once inside the jail, you’ll hear of its dark history while walking in the footsteps of many of its inmates including men, women and, children. Explore Irish and English politics while your professional and engaging guide tells you about some of the gaol's more notorious inmates including the leaders of the 1916 Rising, not only men but women too including Countess Markievicz an Irish politician, revolutionary, nationalist, suffragette and socialist who was imprisoned in Kilmainham Gaol awaiting execution as a result of her participation in the 1916 Rising. You’ll see and visit some of the cells of its most famous inmates as well as some of its youngest. With small groups of only 20 people or fewer, our Kilmainham Gaol, War & Revolution Tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide. Walk over history while discovering the main places and players that shaped the Ireland of today. Finally, you will also enjoy the Gaol’s film history where the following movies were filmed: The Italian Job, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, The Babe, Michael Collins and In the Name of the Father.
IncludesEasy Access timed entry tickets to Kilmainham Jail • Fully guided by local professional guide • Entrance to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens Transportation Food and drink
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines and stairs.
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise • Wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as we cannot guarantee: that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps. • This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages • Anybody under the age of 18-years must be accompanied by somebody aged 18 years or older • Backpacks and other bags may not be permitted requiring paid storage. Please be sure to have small notes or change in appropriate currency should a fee apply.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Howth: 5-Hour Tour in Italian with Boat Trip and Trekking
Discover Howth village in Italian. Enjoy a fantastic boat tour around Ireland's eye and walk on the most beautiful cliffs near Dublin. Finish your tour drinking the tastiFrom €30.00
Dublin 2.5-Hour Guided Bike Tour
Explore the sights and sounds of Dublin on a 2.5-hour guided bike tour and ride past historic architecture, learning about the legends and contemporary life of the Irish122 ReviewsFrom €30.00
The Gravedigger Ghost Bus 2-Hour Tour
Explore the darker side of Dublin's past on a 2-hour comedy/horror tour by specially-equipped bus. Scream with laughter as a couple of ghostly guides lead you around the49 ReviewsFrom €25.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Guinness Storehouse Guinness Beer Club
Unlock some of the hidden magic behind the world famous Guinness Brewery by joining an intimate guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse. Enjoy a guided journey of discover14 ReviewsFrom €40.00
From Luxury Transfers to Kildare Village
Enjoy exceptional savings on luxury fashion and lifestyle brands during a full-day trip from Dublin to Kildare Village shopping destination. Explore more than 60 boutique5 ReviewsFrom €10.00
Dublin Pass with Bus Tour: Free Entry to 33 Attractions
Skip the lines and gain access to all of the top sites and experiences around Dublin with a state-of-the-art smart card. Save money and time with the exclusive Dublin Pas70 ReviewsFrom €61.00
Brazen Head and Castle City Tour
Combine the best of Irish history and pub culture in a single 2.5-hour tour. Visit the 12th-century Dublin Castle built by King John. Then experience the warm atmosphere1 ReviewsFrom €29.00
Dublin Half-Day Private Walking Tour for Small Groups
Walk the historic streets of Dublin on an award-winning private tour created by renowned author and historian Pat Liddy. Tours cater to small groups and families, and vis6 ReviewsFrom €192.00
Local Food Tour
On this Dublin food tour, you will be shown where the locals eat, drink, relax and enjoy the dazzling city of Dublin. Enjoy 8 stops with your passionate local guide and l11 ReviewsFrom €65.00