Easy Access Kilmainham Gaol - War & Revolution Tour
Discover the fascinating history of Kilmainham Gaol and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence on this guided day-tour. Your tour also includes a visit to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See the execution site of the Leaders of the 1916 Uprising
- Visit The Irish National War Memorial Gardens
- Experience what life was like during the many Irish uprisings
- Hear about the historical events that changed the course of Irish history
DescriptionYour tour begins with a guided walk through the famous Kilmainham Gaol, here you will discover its fascinating history and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence from the England and Westminster. Once inside the jail, you’ll hear of its dark history while walking in the footsteps of many of its inmates including men, women and, children. Explore Irish and English politics while your professional and engaging guide tells you about some of the gaol's more notorious inmates including the leaders of the 1916 Rising, not only men but women too including Countess Markievicz an Irish politician, revolutionary, nationalist, suffragette and socialist who was imprisoned in Kilmainham Gaol awaiting execution as a result of her participation in the 1916 Rising. You’ll see and visit some of the cells of its most famous inmates as well as some of its youngest. With small groups of only 20 people or fewer, our Kilmainham Gaol, War & Revolution Tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide. Walk over history while discovering the main places and players that shaped the Ireland of today. Finally, you will also enjoy the Gaol’s film history where the following movies were filmed: The Italian Job, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, The Babe, Michael Collins and In the Name of the Father.
IncludesEasy Access timed entry tickets to Kilmainham Jail • Fully guided by local professional guide • Entrance to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens Transportation Food and drink
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines and stairs.
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise • Wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as we cannot guarantee: that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps. • This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages • Anybody under the age of 18-years must be accompanied by somebody aged 18 years or older • Backpacks and other bags may not be permitted requiring paid storage. Please be sure to have small notes or change in appropriate currency should a fee apply.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Silent Disco Musical Walking Tour
It’s a flash mob. It’s a silent disco. It’s a roaming, rhythmic riot across the sound soaked city. Expect all your inhibitions to disintegrate as you bust some seriFrom €14.99
Private City Tour in German
Get an individually customized tour through Dublin. Learn more about its history, literature, architecture and the macabre facts. Decide when and where you want to start34 ReviewsFrom €250.00
Skip-the-Line Guinness Storehouse Signature Package
Enjoy fast-track entrance to the top tourist attraction in Dublin and skip the regular line waiting to enter the Guinness Storehouse. Take a self-guided tour of the home471 ReviewsFrom €32.75
Cliffs of Moher & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
See the Cliffs of Moher on a full-day tour that takes you from Dublin to the West of Ireland and back! Enjoy a relaxed 1-hour guided walk of this charming medieval city o546 ReviewsFrom €50.00
- Best Seller
Ireland: 2 Day Wild Atlantic Way Tour
See the world famous Cliffs of Moher, wonder at the barren beauty of the Burren, stroll through the grounds of Killarney National Park, and stay overnight on Dingle Penin2 ReviewsFrom €149.00
- Best Seller
From Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway Full-Day Tour
Get back to nature and experience the scenic landscapes of Ireland on a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher from Dublin. Visit the city of Galway, journey through The Burren2109 ReviewsFrom €45.00
Walking Tour of Dublin
Take a 90-minute walking tour of Dublin City center. See the most important landmarks and get lots of sightseeing ideas for the rest of your stay. This tour is designed t13 ReviewsFrom €4.00
4-Hour Georgian Dublin Walking Tour
From 1690-1820 Dublin experienced a period of transformation and architectural development as it became the second city of the British Empire. On this leisurely tour of G4 ReviewsFrom €250.00
Dublin Bay: Cruise from the City Centre to Dun Laoghaire
Escape the hustle and bustle of Dublin City and sail on a majestic 60 to 70-minute cruise south of Dublin Bay to the beautiful Dun Laoghaire Harbour.From €25.00
From Private Half-Day Walking Tour
Discover the City of Surprises on this half-day walking tour of Dublin. Marvel the Irish city's unique architecture as you learn the fascinating history behind the city's2 ReviewsFrom €220.00