Easy Access Kilmainham Gaol - War & Revolution Tour
Discover the fascinating history of Kilmainham Gaol and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence on this guided day-tour. Your tour also includes a visit to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens.
Are you a business owner in Dublin?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Dublin.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See the execution site of the Leaders of the 1916 Uprising
- Visit The Irish National War Memorial Gardens
- Experience what life was like during the many Irish uprisings
- Hear about the historical events that changed the course of Irish history
DescriptionYour tour begins with a guided walk through the famous Kilmainham Gaol, here you will discover its fascinating history and the role it played in rallying the Irish people to pursue independence from the England and Westminster. Once inside the jail, you’ll hear of its dark history while walking in the footsteps of many of its inmates including men, women and, children. Explore Irish and English politics while your professional and engaging guide tells you about some of the gaol's more notorious inmates including the leaders of the 1916 Rising, not only men but women too including Countess Markievicz an Irish politician, revolutionary, nationalist, suffragette and socialist who was imprisoned in Kilmainham Gaol awaiting execution as a result of her participation in the 1916 Rising. You’ll see and visit some of the cells of its most famous inmates as well as some of its youngest. With small groups of only 20 people or fewer, our Kilmainham Gaol, War & Revolution Tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide. Walk over history while discovering the main places and players that shaped the Ireland of today. Finally, you will also enjoy the Gaol’s film history where the following movies were filmed: The Italian Job, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, The Babe, Michael Collins and In the Name of the Father.
IncludesEasy Access timed entry tickets to Kilmainham Jail • Fully guided by local professional guide • Entrance to the Irish National War Memorial Gardens Transportation Food and drink
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines and stairs.
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise • Wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as we cannot guarantee: that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps. • This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages • Anybody under the age of 18-years must be accompanied by somebody aged 18 years or older • Backpacks and other bags may not be permitted requiring paid storage. Please be sure to have small notes or change in appropriate currency should a fee apply.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Kildare Village Shopping Package Day Trip from Dublin
Save money on luxury fashion items with a full-day shopping package to Kildare Village from Dublin. Explore more than 60 high end boutiques from international designers,From €85.00
Belfast Titanic Quarter & Giant's Causeway Tour
Visit the birthplace of the Titanic on a tour of Belfast from Dublin. Explore the city by iconic black cab, visit the Titanic Experience, drive to the legendary Giant’s157 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Cliffs of Moher & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
See the Cliffs of Moher on a full-day tour that takes you from Dublin to the West of Ireland and back! Enjoy a relaxed 1-hour guided walk of this charming medieval city o546 ReviewsFrom €50.00
City Excursion and Howth Tour
See the real Dublin in one day with a local guide. Spend the morning in the city, becoming versed in Dublin's history whilst touring the Guinness Storehouse and Jameson DFrom €95.00
The Bingo Bus
Bingo is a great game for grannies right? Not any more. Hop aboard the Bingo Bus - Dublin's newest and wackiest bus trip. Zoom around the capital with your dabber out and1 ReviewsFrom €25.00
- Best Seller
Giant's Causeway Full-Day Tour from Dublin
Discover the dramatic landscapes of Northern Ireland on a day trip to the Giant's Causeway from Dublin. Explore Giant's Causeway, cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, vi1164 ReviewsFrom €60.00
The Best of The Complete Heritage Walking Tour
Experience a millennium of colorful Irish history as you explore Dublin on foot. See the city's iconic sights such as the courtyards and garden of Dublin Castle, Temple B52 ReviewsFrom €14.00
Wicklow National Park Private Tour
Discover the dramatic beauty of Wicklow Mountains National Park and visit the 6th-century monastic settlement of Glendalough on a 4.5-hour private tour from Dublin. See gFrom €350.00
Belfast and Giant's Causeway in Italian or Spanish
Enjoy the most curious formations in Northern Ireland and hear the fabulous legends surrounding them. Learn about Belfast's political past and take in panoramic views of6 ReviewsFrom €75.00
- Best Seller
Boyne Valley: Full-Day Celts and Castles Guided Tour
Take a day tour from Dublin to the scenic Boyne Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the ancient Celtic temple at Newgrange, the megalithic site of Knowth, Trim Cast69 ReviewsFrom €35.00