My Guide Website?
Traditional Irish Food and Dublin Old Town Private Tour
Discover the flavors of Ireland and learn what dishes and beverages are the highlight of St Patrick’s Day! Explore the highlights of Dublin’s Old Town with a Private Guide
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy an Exclusive Gourmet Tour with a 5-Star Foodie Guide
- See the best selected highlights of Dublin's Old Town & visit the best eateries
- Discover traditional flavours of Italian cuisine with a full-course meal
- Try even more food options and 1 beer beverage (3,5-hour option only)
- Enjoy a feast of various appetisers and desserts as well as 8 Irish beers (5-H)
DescriptionNot everybody is familiar with the simple, hearty, family cooking that follows the seasons in Ireland, but this tour will show you the essence of Irish cuisine. From the famous Irish breakfast to sweet desserts made of whisky, you will discover the best traditional Irish foods and taste a remarkable variety of beers. Enjoy a gourmet tour in Dublin’s Old Town! Join a 2,5-hour walking tour to visit 2 places known for great Irish food - 1 restaurant and 1 pastry shop. This option includes a full course meal, including a meat-based main dish, soup, sweet dessert, tea/coffee and soda drink. Your Private Guide will order the best national and regional specialties for you to try, such as the classic Colcannon dish with mashed potatoes or the famous Boxty (Irish potato dumpling) with smoked salmon. For a dessert, the Irish Soda Bread and Whisky Butter is something definitely worth looking forward to! Throughout the tour, the guide will entertain you with interesting facts about Irish cuisine, its origins, ingredients and the Great Famine. Food is an integral part of the local history and culture. You will also hear interesting stories of Dublin’s Old Town and see highlights such as St Andrew’s Church, Temple Bar district and the landmark Ha'penny Bridge. As this is a private tour, the whole experience can be tailored to meet your specific needs and wants! Choose the 3,5-hour food and sightseeing tour in Dublin’s Old Town to taste even more original Irish dishes. This option includes dining at 3 venues, including 2 restaurants. This is your chance to try a traditional Irish Stew or Coddle, the favorite dish of Dublin’s working-class. You will also sample the national alcoholic beverage - Irish beer, and learn about the origins of St Patrick’s Day celebrations. The 5-hour option includes an exclusive food and beer tasting package. You will see more Old Town highlights, such as the Georgian-style Trinity College or Dublin Castle, and visit 4 different venues. The Temple Bar area is famous for its vibrant nightlife and legendary pubs that offer the best selection of Irish beer. You will sample 8 different beers with your Private Guide, including remarkable craft beers! This experience is everything you need to fall in love with Irish culture, food and beer!
IncludesPrivate Food and Sightseeing Tour in Dublin’s Old Town (number of tastings and attractions depends on the selected option) Food Expert-Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice 1 full course meal, 1 dessert, 1 soft drink and 1 coffee/tea (2,5-hour option only) 2 full course meals with a dessert, 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 1 beer (3,5-hour option only) 2 full course meals with a dessert with 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 8 beers (5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of tastings and attractions depends on the selected option. Please advise us in advance of any dietary requirements, such as food allergies or vegetarian options. The tasting includes a full course meal, not just samples. The golden rule in Ireland is to serve enough food for the table to collapse, so we recommended joining the tour on an empty stomach to be able to enjoy each of the dishes. Please note that the described menu is an example only. The types of dishes will vary depending on the visited venue. We will pick the best food options for you depending on availability. For the convenience of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests, so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well. The price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. The legal drinking age in Ireland is 18.