My Guide Website?
The Vikings in Dublin: Self-Guided Audio Tour in the City
Uncover viking traces in Dublin; discover the city at you own pace, following a thematic pre-made itinerary on your smartphone through 13 key-locations, and learn about the nordic notorious warriors.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Engage with Dublin's streets through a unique historical lens on your smartphone
- Blend with the local culture and discover Dublin's unique background
- Discover curiosities and highlights connected to Dublin's viking past
- Follow an interactive map directly on your smartphone, and retrace history!
DescriptionThrough a history of iron and bloodshed, you’ll explore the history of the Vikings, those infamous warriors who ventured into the green and desolate lands of Ireland. As a reminder of this ancient Nordic past, Dublin still holds remains waiting to be discovered. Learn about the golden age of the Vikings, their rise, culture, traditions, and their special connection to this wonderful city. We'll discover Dublinia, explore a meaningful Sculpture, walk by the famous Trinity College (choose to enter the great 'Book of Kells' exhibition! - we recommend advance reservation), discover Dublin Castle and its history and finally learn the twilight of the Vikings at Christ Church Cathedral (all entry tickets are not included). Note: If you want to visit both Dublinia and Christ Church we recommend buying a combo ticket at Dublinia's ticket office. The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached. The time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next without stopping. This itinerary is only available in English.
IncludesEnglish Audio-Guide City map itinerary route (GPS) Information at every stop
- Please make sure to read carefully the email you'll receive after booking this tour, and follow the instruction received (containing a link and a passcode that you'll need to start the walk). Audio language: english The aim of this itinerary is to narrate visitors an insightful storytelling, and enjoy places even from the outside. The tour uses a web map; it is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace The distance between each stop is around 5 to 10 minutes walking The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached. The time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next without stopping