My Guide Website?
Jewish Dublin Private Walking Tour with Optional Transfers
Discover the history of the Jews and Little Jerusalem in Dublin with an Expert Guide. Learn about the earliest references, neutralization, immigration and their role in the War of Independence
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Dublin: Half-Day Trip to Glendalough and Wicklow
- From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway City Day Tour
- Dublin: Full-Day Tour to Cork, Cobh and Blarney Castle
- Northern Ireland 3-Day Tour from Dublin
- Cliffs of Moher and Blarney 2-Day Tour from Dublin
- Explore Little Jerusalem, Dublin with the Jewish History Expert-Guide
- See the city through the perspective of its small Jewish population
- Learn about World War II, the War of Independence and other important events
- See an old synagogue, the Kosher Bretzel Bakery and other Jewish sites
- Book private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3-H)
DescriptionJoin us on a private walking tour of Dubin’s former Jewish neighborhood to discover the little known history of Jews in Ireland. Stroll through the Old Town and Little Jerusalem in Portobello, the heart of the Jewish community in Dublin. See Irish history through the eyes of its Jewish population. Book a 2-hour tour to enjoy a personal and story-filled walk through Jewish Dublin. You will meet your Private Guide near Christ Church Cathedral, one of the two cathedrals in the capital, and stroll through beautiful Georgian streets to discover traces of Jewish history and heritage. Follow the events from the first record of Jewish people on the island, through the influx of Jews fleeing the pogroms in Eastern Europe, to the role of the local Jewish community in the War of Independence. Of course, the story will also touch on the events of World War II and the impact of Holocaust on Dublin. After passing the magnificent St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the national cathedral of Dublin, you will explore the streets of Portobello and learn about the Jewish schools, shops, bakeries, butchers and other businesses that operated in Little Jerusalem in the 20th century. You can stop at a locally loved Kosher bakery on Victoria Street, where you will also find the family house of Chaim Herzog, the sixth President of Israel. The guided tour will end in front of the former synagogue, which now houses the Irish Jewish Museum. Choose the 3-hour option to enjoy a 2-hour Jewish tour with private car transfers. This option includes an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Dublin. It’s easy to get lost in an unknown city, so private car transfers will make it easier for you to join this walking tour. A licensed driver will pick you up in a clean and comfy car suitable for the size of your group.
IncludesPrivate Tour of Dublin's Jewish History and Highlights (itinerary depends on the selected option) Jewish History Expert-Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Highlights of Little Jerusalem with tips on the best kosher shops, restaurants and bakeries Interesting facts and anecdotes about Jewish life in Dublin Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. The 3-hour option includes an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van or minibus for groups of 5 people and more. If you're traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to make use of a larger vehicle. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 25 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. The price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.