My Guide Website?
Inishmore, Aran Islands Full-Day Tour with Flight8 Reviews
Fly to Inishmore, and spend the day at the largest of the legendary Aran Islands facing the wild Atlantic Ocean at Galway Bay. See spectacular scenery and the ancient fort of Dún Aengus. Enjoy a typical Irish lunch at Kilronan.
- Tour the largest of the Aran Islands and spend a day on Inishmore
- Enjoy a scenic drive around limestone pavements and isolated rocks, with wild Atlantic views
- Visit the magnificent ancient fort of Dún Aengus
- Try a typical lunch in the fishing town of Kilronan
DescriptionSpend the day on the largest of the legendary Aran Islands with a flight to Inishmore at the mouth of Galway Bay. Covering an area of some 12 square miles (31 square kilometers), the island is famous for its strong Irish culture, loyalty to the Irish language, and a wealth of pre-Christian and Christian ancient sites. After you check-in at Dublin Heuston for a 07:30 train service to Galway, transfer by road to Connemara Airport for the flight to Inishmore, where you will embark on a tour of the Island, with time for lunch at Kilronan. Prior to the 20th century, Inishmore was more commonly called Inis Bant, and the Irish word Irish Árainn is an apt description for the island as it means 'long ridge.' Composed of limestone pavements and isolated rocks, enjoy a scenic tour of the island before visiting the magnificent ancient fort of Dún Aengus. With its sheer cliffs and dramatic seascapes, Dún Aengus has been called 'the most magnificent barbaric monument in Europe.' Your tour includes return flights and transfers back to Galway City, with time to shop before your return train to Dublin Heuston, arriving back in the city at 20:45.
IncludesAll admissions Transfers Tour Meals
- Should weather conditions curtail flights, you will be taken on an alternative tour to Connemara and refunded the difference. No further refund available should you decide not go to Connemara for any reason
- Mobility scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour
- Wheelchair users must have some mobility to climb the steps onto the coach as the coaches are not wheelchair friendly in Ireland
- Wheelchairs must be able to fold so that they may be stored in the luggage compartment of the coach
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now