Howth: Hidden Howth Expedition
See Howth through the eyes of a local. Leave the city behind and discover the beauty of the Emerald Isle on this 3.5-hour Hidden Howth adventure. This experience will let you live, feel and breathe the real Ireland, as though you were a native.
- Marvel at the majestic Cliffs of Howth
- Take in panoramic views of Dublin Bay and the Irish Sea
- See stunning views of Ireland's Eye as you walk through a picturesque fishing village
- Meet a local colony of seals and view the many different types of seabirds
- Enjoy a complimentary pint of beer in a local Irish pub
DescriptionExperience a journey through time, hearing tales of Viking and Norman invasions and learning about the history of the 700-year-old castle. Immerse yourself in Irish culture as you walk through the ruins of St. Mary's Abbey (Built in 1042), and visit sites known only to locals (Hidden Howth). There will be plenty of time for photographs as you stroll through the fishing village, meeting the local colony of seals and wide variety of seabirds, before you ascend towards the cliffs. You can then take in the stunning views of Lambay Island and Ireland’s Eye, and be overwhelmed by the heady scent from the gorse on the heath. The Baily Lighthouse and Dublin Bay will then come into view as you ascend towards the summit, and from there, you will stroll down the old tramline and finish off in a local pub for a pint of beer. Whether you have a passion for Irish history, hiking, or myths and legends, there is something for everyone on this tour.
IncludesGuided tour Complimentary pint of beer in a local Irish pub
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Dress for the weather and be sure to wear stable footwear