My Guide Website?
From Dublin: Private Newgrange & Boyne Valley Tour1 Reviews
Enjoy a Full-day historical tour to the scenic Boyne Valley, with guaranteed enter at Newgrange, Monasterboice stroll across the Hill of Slane, and the Hill of Tara. This unique tour visits all of the ancient monuments located in scenic County Meath.
- Discover the beautiful landscapes along the River Boyne
- Visit the ancient monuments in the Boyne Valley
- Take a tour at Newgrange passage tomb - 1000 years older than Pyramids
- See historic ruins at Monasterboice with its world famous Celtic and High crosses
- Tour the Hill of Slane with spectacular views across the Irish countryside
- Walk and take a tour at the Hill of Tara an ancient coronation site with 6000 years of occupation
DescriptionOn this Celtic day tour from Dublin you will discover the beautiful scenery of the Boyne Valley and the prehistoric monuments at Newgrange. County Meath is known as the Royal County and has some of the most spectacular heritage sites in all of Ireland. The Boyne Valley offers wonderful landscapes as you travel along the River Boyne. The entire area is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and boasts 40 monuments from 3200 BC. You will enter Newgrange on a fully guided tour, this Neolithic ritual center and passage tomb is 1,000 years older than the Pyramids. The monument has architectural links to the people of Denmark, Portugal, northern Spain, Brittany, and the Western Isles. We visit Monasterboice with its world famous Celtic and high crosses. Monasterboice is a spectacular location with and Irish round tower, and was once an important early Christian monastic settlement, which dates back to the 5th century. After lunch we travel to the Hill of Slane, where Saint Patrick lit the pascal flame in 433AD, enjoy spectacular views out across the irish sea, and you will have time to explore the ruins of an abbey constructed on the site 1512 Then we travel along the river Boyne to explore the ancient coronation site of 142 of Ireland's high Kings at the spectacular Hill of Tara. Your guide will take you on a walking tour through this wonderful landscape, with views across the entire country. Please remember this is a small group tour, with gaurenteed entrance into Newgrange passage tomb. All entrance fees are included. Places are limited. Other tours will place you in large groups of 45 - 53 people.
IncludesApproved Failte ireland Guide Pick-up and return to Dublin city Entrance and tour Newgrange passage tomb Entrance and tour Monasterboice monastic settlement Entrance and walking tour at Hill of Slane Entrance and walking tour at Hill of Tara Local purchases Refreshments / lunch Gratuities
- 12 persons maximum on our unique award winning Boyne valley Celtic day tour Please bring comfortable footwear This tour is conducted both indoors and outdoors so bring rain gear.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now