My Guide Website?
From Dublin: Kilkenny and Wicklow Mountain Full-Day Tour684 Reviews
Get a taste of the true beauty of Ireland on a full-day scenic tour of Kilkenny and Glendalough from Dublin. Admire rolling hills, rugged mountains, brooks, and the glacial valleys of County Wicklow.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Drive through beautiful Kildare to visit historic Kilkenny
- Shop for traditional Irish crafts at Kilkenny design stores
- View rolling hills, rugged mountains, and the glacial valleys of County Wicklow
- Visit the monastic city of St. Kevin and see filming locations for famous movies
- Try a pint of Kilkenny beer in the city where it is produced
DescriptionTravel through Kildare to historic Kilkenny on this full-day scenic tour from Dublin. Once the medieval capital of Ireland, Kilkenny boasts Ireland’s finest Norman castle, and have the chance to buy a pint of Kilkenny beer in the city where it is produced. Board the comfortable and climate-controlled bus in Dublin and begin your day trip. Relax on the drive to Kilkenny past sparkling lakes, dense forests and babbling brooks. Arrive in Kilkenny and enjoy free time to shop for traditional Irish crafts like unique knitwear, pottery and glass. Spend your time strolling through quaint streets or popping into a local pub for a delicious Kilkenny beer. Continue to the monastic city of St. Kevin at Glendalough, best known for the wedding scenes in the blockbuster movie “Braveheart” and famous as the location for the film “PS I Love You.” Head to the megalithic portal tomb of Brownshill Dolmen to uncover how ancient Irish ancestors buried their dead and celebrated their passage into the next world. Return to your meeting point in Dublin at the end of your day trip.
IncludesTransportation English commentary on the bus Visit to Brownshill Dolmen
- Please note that this is not a guided tour. Your driver will provide commentary in English about the locations along the way.