My Guide Website?
From Dublin: Belfast, Monasterboice & Birthplace of Titanic39 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day scenic tour of Belfast from Dublin and explore the birthplace of the great Titanic ocean liner. Visit the Celtic crosses of Monasterboice to discover the ruins of an early Christian settlement, and explore the 2 medieval churches.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Atlantic Edge & Galway City
- From Dublin: Guided Day Trip to Cliffs of Moher and Galway
- From Dublin: Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough & Kilkenny Tour
- Dublin: Boyne Valley with Newgrange and Bru Na Boinne Entry
- From Dublin: Galway and Kerry 3-Day Budget Tour
- Discover the imposing Victorian architecture of Belfast
- Go to the birthplace of the great Titanic ocean liner at Belfast docks
- Explore the Celtic crosses of Monasterboice
- Marvel at the biblical inscriptions of Muiredach's High Cross, the finest of its kind in Ireland
DescriptionTake a full-day scenic drive to Belfast from Dublin, and explore the birthplace of the Titanic ocean liner. Dominating newspaper headlines since 1969 for all the wrong reasons, but now experiencing a new dawn, Belfast has rapidly become a must-see city for visitors to Ireland for all the right reasons. Learn about the customs of the Ulster Irish and Ulster British communities as you meet colorful characters. You can even take an optional black cab tour of the city center to see all the main sights. 100% Irish guides take great pride in their strong friendships with Belfast's majority Protestant ethnic British community. You will also visit the Celtic crosses at Monasterboice, set in the picturesque countryside of County Louth. Wander among the ruins of the early Christian settlement, where the 2 churches are thought to date back to the 14th century, or even earlier. Admire the round tower, typical of early medieval Ireland, and gaze at the biblical inscriptions on the 10th century crosses, including Muiredach's High Cross, considered the finest of its kind in Ireland.
IncludesTransportation Guide Entrance to the 2 churches of Monasterboice
- Please make sure to select your desired meeting point on booking