My Guide Website?
Dublin: Windmill Lane Recording Studios Tour22 Reviews
Visit the iconic studios which have been making music history since 1978. Get right to the heart of both the Irish and global music scene.
- Learn about the studio’s global impact on music history since 1978
- Discover the people behind the music and the artists that required their skills
- Tour the iconic Studio 1 and be amazed by the wealth of music created there
DescriptionStep beyond the famous metal doors of Windmill Lane Recording Studios for an exclusive, immersive, and highly memorable experience. Go behind the scenes and see where award-winning music has been created by the likes of Lady Gaga, Hozier, Westlife, U2, The Cranberries, Kylie Minogue, Riverdance, and The Rolling Stones. Be guided around this iconic Dublin building from passionate tour guides who are also musicians and producers themselves. Learn how recording technology has evolved from early devices to modern, dynamic computer software. Fill your ears with the recording of a band’s performance in the live room while the guide explains the recording process. Listen to an especially commissioned binaural recording and immerse yourself in 360-degree sound.
- Windmill Lane Recording Studios is a working recording studio and not a walk-in visitor attraction. • Tours only commence on designated dates and times therefore advanced booking is essential.
- Visitors should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Windmill Lane Recording Studios is a historic and protected three-story building. As such, there is presently limited access/no lift facilities for those with impaired mobility.
- The studio does not have food or drinks available for purchase on-site. However, it is centrally located with convenience stores, cafés, and restaurants close by.