My Guide Website?
Dublin Shore Excursion: Glendalough and Dublin City
A guided tour to the "Garden of Ireland". History, awe inspiring natural sights and ancient monastic ruins await you here, before you are brought back into the bustling heart of Dublin City with free time to explore its charming urban terrain.
- Experience the awe inspiring natural beauty of the valley of the two lakes
- Walk through history at the Monastic City dating back over 1,000 years
- Enjoy the stunning lake and scenic forest walks
- Discover the real Dublin, as you spend time exploring its cobbled streets
DescriptionAfter being collected from your ship's docking point, you will embark on the most majestic of adventures up into Wicklow, the Garden of Ireland. Once there, you will stop at the awe inspiring Glendalough, also known as the 'Valley of the Two Lakes' and renowned throughout the country for it's awe inspiring scenery, rich history and marvelous wildlife. You can stroll along the lake shore, through the forest itself or even down into the remains of a monastic city originally founded in the 6th Century by St Kevin. The Monastic City boasts many ruins, of which an in-tact Round Tower still stands, as well as St Kevins Cross rumored to grant wishes to those who can reach both arms around it. Glendalough's natural wooded landscape also boast many animals, including stoats, otters and badgers. The scenery itself is also sure to leave you breathless! After exploring Wicklow, you will journey back to Dublin's City Center, being regaled with history and tales along the way before being given some free time to explore the cobbled streets. You can visit the infamous Templebar, view the bullet holes still visible at the GPO on O'Connell Street or simply stroll through the city streets with no agenda but that of your own, before being returned safely to your ship.
IncludesPick-up from your docking point Bus transportation Local guide Meals and drinks
- Using restrooms before joining the tour is recommended.
- Bringing a packed lunch is recommended, as you will not stop anywhere for lunch
- Comfortable shoes and warm rain-proof clothing are recommended
- Not suitable for children under 12 or those with reduced mobility
- No alcohol is permitted to be consumed on the buses
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now