Dublin: Irish History & Treasures Tour with National Museum
Visit the National Museum of Ireland and other iconic Dublin highlights on this 2.5-hour tour. Learn about some of the most important events in Irish history with an expert guide specializing in Irish history and culture.
- Explore exciting exhibitions and unmissable artifacts
- Have an expert local guide leading your tour
- Discover artifacts dating from 7000 B.C. through to the 20th Century
- Visit the National Treasury to view its priceless collection
- Visit Ireland’s top Georgian Square, Merrion Square
DescriptionLearn about some of the most important events in Irish history, and hear stories that explain the most important events that shaped the Ireland of today. This tour will highlight the story of the Irish, from 7,000 B.C. through to the 20th century. You will also visit the National Museum’s main exhibits and Treasury to explore the museum’s top highlights. This 2.5-hour tour does the work for you, with a guide to show you the most important curated highlights. You will view important pieces such as the Ardagh Chalice, The Tara Brooch, The Bog Bodies and many more. This award-winning museum is a true celebration of Ireland, showcasing its people, history, culture and artistic brilliance. The tour also includes a visit to the Viking exhibit, exploring the impact of the Vikings from the 9th to the 12th centuries. Your fully-guided tour will then continue with a walk through history to visit some of Dublin’s other highlights, including the Government Buildings, the Georgian highlights of Merrion Square and Stephens Green (Dublin City’s Central Park). With small groups of only 25 guests or fewer, this tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide.
IncludesAccess to the National Museum of Ireland and Treasury Local professional guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Transportation Food and drink
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines, and stairs
- All participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Strollers, baby carriages, wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility cannot be accommodated
- Contact local supplier if you would like to discuss any physical disabilities or limitations
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult