My Guide Website?
Dublin IRA History Tour with Skip-the-line GPO Museum Ticket1 Reviews
Learn about the major milestones in modern Irish history on a private walking tour of Dublin.Hear the true story of Irish Republican Army.This tour includes skip-the-line tickets to the GPO Museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about modern Irish history with 5-Star History Guide
- Visit the GPO Musuem with skip-the-line tickets and audio guide
- Discover the legacy of the Irish Republican Army
- See places related to Easter Rising, War of Independence, and more
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off direct at your accommodation(4H)
DescriptionJoin our Local History Expert on this private tour of Dublin to discover the turbulent history of modern Ireland. Learn about the political conflict between the Irish rebels and British rule and follow the footsteps of the Irish Republican Army as they prepare for the Easter Rising of 1916. Explore the events that shaped the fate of the Republic of Ireland and skip the lines to the GPO Museum. The 3-hour option includes a 2-hour guided tour of Dublin and skip-the-line tickets for a 1-hour audio guided tour of the General Post Office Museum dedicated to the history of the IRA. Before you visit the GPO Museum, your Private Guide will help you understand this complex subject, sharing an insider’s perspective into life in Ireland under British rule. Together, you will recreate the events of the War of Independence, Easter Uprising, the Anglo-Irish Treaty, and more. On this walking tour of Dublin, one of the 2 capitals on the island of Ireland, you will see the iconic Molly Malone Statue, Trinity College and the Famine Memorial - a touching reminder of the nation’s hardships. The guide will also show you the Custom House, which was occupied and buried by the IRA in 1921. You will pass a memorial to James Connolly, an Irish republican who was imprisoned and executed in the infamous Kilmainham Gaol prison, and monuments to other rebellion leaders such as Daniel 'the Liberator' O'Connel, William Smith O'Brien and Jim Larkin,. The guided tour will end in front of the historic building of the General Post Office, the former IRA headquarters. We provide skip-the-line tickets to the GPO Museum so you can step inside and explore its exhibitions at your own pace with the museum’s audio guide. Choose the 4-hour option to book private transportation for this tour. This option includes pickup and drop-off service with 1-hour round-trip transfer from your accommodation, a 1-hour self-guided tour of the GPO Museum (tickets and audio guide included), and a 2-hour walking tour led by a Private Guide. Save time and effort by booking private car transfers in advance
IncludesPrivate Tour of Dublin IRA History with the GPO Museum tickets and optional transfers (itinerary depends on the selected option) Licensed History Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Expert commentary on the modern Irish History Skip-the-line Tickets to the GPO Museum with an audio guide Private transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (4-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. Please note that private transfers are not included in a 3-hour option. This tour includes skip-the-line tickets to the GPO Museum with a reserved time slot for entry. You can skip the line at the ticket office. The guide will not accompany you inside the museum but you can enjoy exhibitions with the official audio guide available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. The 4-hour option includes an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer from your accommodation. Transfer time will vary depending on the distance and traffic. Please note that after the 2-hour walking tour you will have 1 hour to visit the GPO Museum before your scheduled drop-off. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, or a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 25 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention.