My Guide Website?
Dublin: Howth Hiking Tour39 Reviews
Trek the coastal paths of the Howth Peninsula on this 4-hour walking tour. Follow your experienced adventure guide along the cliffs and through the woodlands of this area, stopping at scenic overlooks and areas of spectacular natural beauty.
- Experience a 4-hour walking tour of the landscape of Howth
- Learn about the history, legends and culture of the area
- Admire wonderful deciduous woodland, the UNESCO Biosphere and protected Heaths
- Enjoy a rewarding hike in any weather
- Observe local wildlife, including porpoises and dolphins, seals, raptors, heron, cormorant and curlew
- Explore the nooks and crannies, coves and caves of the Cliffs
- Stop to rest and take photos at scenic viewpoints
DescriptionImmerse yourself in nature by hiking on the charming Howth Peninsula, a treasure of the Dublin Bay UNESCO Biosphere. Attune your senses and spirit to the outdoors. Feel a real connection with the land and people around you. A gnarly and beautiful coastal adventure in any season. Discover Howth off-road with passionate and expert local guides, nobody knows it better. Be ready for 10 kms to 15 kms (6 to 9 miles) in about 4 hours. Relive history as you walk through the ages and explore unique habitats that vary by day and season. Submit to the ancient romance and resonance of Aideen's Grave, a druidic altar and gateway to the Otherworld, as old as the pyramids. Climb to HG Wells' most beautiful view in the world. Clear your mind and ignite your creativity with the salty air and cool breezes on your cheeks. Follow WB Yeats' Fairy Road down to the sea and the cliffs. Surrender your ears to the soughing of the forest and the gentle tunes of the trees. Sometimes embrace wild storms, crashing waves and lashing seas. Panoramic views of the Baily Lighthouse from the clifftops. Exercise your body and soul. Digest the myths and intimate tales, legends and history of 6000 years. The real high comes from the group, roving through enchanting territory, air and light from one inspiring place to the next. Cross trainers, boots or stout shoes are recommended. Keep an eye on the weather and think about a light waterproof, gloves, scarf and hat in a backpack. Water and a snack wouldn't hurt either. Holiday Hack! Get the 31 or 31/a bus from Talbot street in the city center, sit up stairs, up front or on the right hand side and treat yourself to a coastal tour and intimate review of Dublin as you make your way out to join the tour in Howth. The Dart works well too (Dublin Area Rapid Transit ) and both have excellent free WIFI.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking. Minimum age is 12 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately. Comfortable and sturdy footwear is required. Please note: trails can be soft, even wet, and are generally not paved. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.