My Guide Website?
Dublin: Guided Sights and Pints Tour
Learn all about both Dublin and Ireland's past on a part-sightseeing, part-pub tour. Throughout your guided tour, you will visit a different pub every 20-40 minutes, learning more about Irish culture and history with visits to important sights.
- See the most important sights of Dublin City
- Learn about Irish pub culture and how to pour a Guinness
- Open the pages of Irish literature, which was born on Dublin streets
- Follow the passions, pains, and legacies of the Irish people
- Learn the art of conversation from Irish people, the masters of small talk
DescriptionFollowing Irish Independence, a few men sat down and thought about what they would do with Dublin. Following much intense discussion and with the preservation of the British and Irish cultures in mind, it was born into the city it is today. Since then, Dublin has become a symbol of reconciling Ireland's British past with its Irish future. The British Trinity College (with its Protestant legacy) has produced Oscar Wilde and Jonathan Swift, and Dublin's pubs have produced writers from the Irish tradition, such as Patrick Kavanagh and Brendan Behan. This tour is, therefore, a tribute to Dublin's dual personality, and the pub door will be the boundary between the two worlds. Get comfortable in a few warm pubs throughout the tour where you will discuss important aspects of history, including Irish origins, the Irish language, and the Celtic Tiger. With this in mind, you will pop into a great pub every 20-40 minutes. Besides the history lessons, you'll learn about beer and the Irish pub, and will also partake in/witness an activity that the Irish are renowned for, conversation.
IncludesThe guide can either meet you at your hotel, if central (alternatively you will meet at a centrally-located meeting point) Drinks and food (prepare to spend around €6-8 in each pub) Gratuities
- Bring an umbrella and/or a raincoat (it is Ireland after all)
- This tour is suitable for all ages
- Travelers with mobility issues can be accommodated, the tour is well-paced and combines walking with pub breaks
- Children (16 years old and younger) can join for free, accompanied by an adult
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now