My Guide Website?
Dublin Great Famine Tour with Fast-Track EPIC Museum Tickets
Learn about the causes and aftermath of the Great Irish Famine on a private tour of Dublin Docklands. See the Famine Memorial,Jeanie Johnston, and more. Extended options:skip-the-line tickets to EPIC
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Dublin Docklands with a Private History Guide
- Learn about the the Great Famine and the 19th century Irish immigration
- See the legendary Jeanie Johnston tall ship
- Visit EPIC, the Irish Emigration Museum with skip-the-line tickets (3,5 & 4,5 H)
- Book private car transfers direct from your accommodation (3 & 4,5-hour option)
DescriptionTravel back in time to 1845-1849 to learn about the Irish Potato Famine, the greatest hardship in Irish history. Investigate the great famine in Dublin and examine its political, social and economic consequences with an Expert Guide. Immerse yourself in the tragic stories from the darkest time in Irish history. Book a 2-hour tour to explore Dublin Docklands with a Private Guide and learn about the Great Irish Famine. Your walking tour will begin next to the popular Molly Malone Statue of a tragic fictional character who died young. Nearby you will also find a statue of Thomas Davis and the Memorial Fountain, which commemorates the famine. Every stop on this tour will be filled with history, as you will hear authentic stories about the struggles of daily life during the Great Famine. Your Historian Guide will take you on a walk through the city center and along the River Liffey, passing by Trinity College, the Irish Houses of Parliament, O'Connell Monument and the Custom House Quay. You will see the powerful Famine Memorial and the World Poverty Stone. Other points of interest includeTriumphal Arch and the state–of-art EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum. The tour will end in front of the historic Jeanie Johnston tall ship, which is moored in Dublin Docklands. Choose the 3-hour option to book private transportation with your 2-hour walking tour of Dublin Docklands. This option includes a 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation to make it easier for you to join this tour. A 5-Star Driver will pick you up in a private vehicle. Drop-off at your accommodation after the tour is also included for your convenience. Book a 3,5-hour tour to visit EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum during your private walking tour of Dublin Dockyards. With skip-the-line tickets to the EPIC you can beat the crowds and avoid long lines. This world-class interactive museum explores the stories of Irish emigrants on their departure, arrival, and return, revealing how they managed to survive and thrive far away from home. The fun and playful exhibits will help you better understand the Irish identity and national pride. Choose the 4,5-hour option to book private transportation for the 3,5-hour tour of Dublin Docklands and Epic, The Irish Emigration Museum. Enjoy the comfort of private car transfers with pickup and drop-off directly at your accommodation. This option is the best guarantee of a hassle-free experience. Book a 1-hour round-trip transfer to avoid being late or getting lost!
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour about the Great Famine and Irish Emigration in Dublin (number of attractions depends on the selected option) Licensed History Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Expert commentary on the Great Irish Famine and its aftermath Skip-the-line tickets to the EPIC the Irish Emigration Museum (3,5 and 4,5-hour options only) Private transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3 and 4,5-hour options only)
- 'Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Private transfers and tickets to the EPIC Museum are not included in the 2-hour option. Skip-the-line tickets to EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum are reserved for a specific time slot, so it's important to arrive at the meeting point on time. You will save time by skipping the line at the ticket office. The EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum was designed as a self-guided experience, so guiding will be kept to a minimum so as not to distract from the interactive exhibits. The 3- and 4,5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer time between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on traffic the distance from your accommodation in Dublin.