My Guide Website?
Dublin: Full-Day Howth and Malahide Castle Tour21 Reviews
Discover the beauty of the Irish coast by touring the North Bay of Dublin. Visit the 11th-century castle in Malahide, enjoy a stroll in Howth fishermen's village with free time for lunch. Take an optional 1-hour walk in Howth cliffs on this full-day tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the beauty of the coast near Dublin
- Visit a medieval castle and gardens and learn about its legends
- Enjoy an optional walk from Howth summit to the fishermen's village
- See the seals around the boats eating fish in the harbor, if you are lucky
- Make the most of free time in Howth
DescriptionStart your tour as you depart from Dublin and explore the nearby coast of Dublin Bay, moving through the interior and then the coast. Make a photo stop at the curious Casino Marino for the chance to learn about the use of this little architectural jewel. Take a tour inside Malahide castle and enjoy some free time to explore its gardens at your own pace. This castle was owned by the same family, the Talbot, for 800 years. Hear the ghost stories that are associated with its walls and corridors. It dates from the 11th century and was enlarged and restored at the time of Georgian splendour. En route, marvel at pretty villages like Malahide, parks like St Anne's, and beaches like Portmarnock. Take an optional walk from Howth's Summit cliff to the village to enjoy breath-taking views of Dublin bay and the Wicklow mountains. In the fishermen's harbor of Howth, have the chance to see seals swimming and begging for food from the boats. Finally, return along Bull island and the park of Santa Ana and Fairview.
IncludesBus transport Guided tour Photo stop in Casino Marino Entrance to Malahide Castle
- This tour is approximately 7.5 hours
- It is essential to bring comfortable shoes and waterproof clothing
- The tour departs punctually both from Dublin and the successive stops, latecomers cannot be accommodated
- The tour departs at 9:30 AM