Dublin: Dublin Rogues Walking Tour1 Reviews
Enjoy exploring the life and times of Oscar Wilde, Daniel O'Connell, and many more great Irish scholars and characters. This tour is fun and impactful, consisting of great stories surrounding many of the city's famous past inhabitants.
- Discover the unique personalities of writers, poets, freedom fighters, and politicians, who are associated with Merrion Square
- Admire the beautiful homes and buildings of Georgian Dublin
- Learn the history of one of Dublin's most iconic squares and parks, since its beginnings in 1762
DescriptionYour tour will meet at the Oscar Wilde Memorial Statue, which is located at the north west end of Merrion Square Park. From there your tour kicks off with an in-depth story on the life and times of Oscar Wilde and his family, taking in the success and tragedy of the colorful life of this Anglo-Irish family. After approximately 15 minutes, you will move on to other statutes situated on the north end of Merrion Square Park, including Barnardo O'Higgins, Henry Grattan, George Russell, and Michael Collins. You'll spend about 25 minutes in total on these characters, before moving on once more to the northeast end of Merrion Square to the Holles Street Hospital. This is Ireland's national maternity hospital, where you will hear of two famous personalities associated with the building: Brendan Behan and Mamie Cadden. On the south end of the square lived the liberator Daniel O'Connell, one of the great heroes of Irish history. Finally, your guides will speak on Darkey Kelly, Buck Whaley, and WB Yeats, before finishing off with Merrion Square and its park. Following your experience, you are welcome to join your guide for a traditional pint of Guinness at one of Dublin's iconic traditional pubs.
IncludesGuided historic tour Guinness (optional for 5€ following the tour) Headsets Snacks
- The tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- This is a walking tour • There may be some uneven surfaces while walking • Please dress appropriately as this tour is outdoors