My Guide Website?
Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Kilmacduagh Abbey & Galway Day Tour6444 Reviews
Explore Ireland’s scenic landscapes on a trip to the Cliffs of Moher on a day trip by bus. Visit Galway and the Burren, and see the monastic ruins of Kilmacduagh.
- Visit the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher
- Enjoy a stop to explore the lunar landscapes of The Burren
- Explore the city of Galway and enjoy the vibrant side of it
- Walk through the ruins of Kilmacduagh Monastery
- Drive along the Wild Atlantic way
DescriptionEmbark on a guided day trip to discover the iconic Cliffs of Moher by bus. Visit Galway and its stunning surrounding landscape and see famous landmarks, including Dunguaire Castle and Kilmacduagh Monastery. Depart Dublin at 6:45 AM and journey through the flat open plain of the Curragh. Pass the Irish National Stud thoroughbred horse breeding facility as your guide shares a wealth of history and information. Head to the ruins of Kilmacduagh Monastery and its roundhouse—unique for the way it leans over by more than 2 feet. Spend 15-20 minutes here. Then, arrive at the Cliffs of Moher for a view of the Atlantic Ocean and explore on your own for around 1.5 hours. Go to the visitor's centre for the interactive Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience with a large multimedia screen displaying a bird's-eye view from the cliffs, and a video from the underwater caves. Next, discover the lunar landscapes of The Burren with a 15–20-minute visit and hear about the many secrets of this atypical landscape, home to the warmest ground temperature in Ireland. Arrive in the city of Galway, where you will have around 1 hour to explore on your own. Discover its old-world charm on cobblestone streets that evoke an authentic Ireland of times gone by. Then drive along the coastal route of the Wild Atlantic Way to Kinvara, passing Dunguaire Castle and the 12 Bens mountain range along the way. Return to Dublin and get dropped off at the meeting point at around 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned bus Live onboard commentary Tour Guide Entry ticket to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Center
- This is a long day trip. It can be up to 2 hours between stops Bringing a packed lunch is recommended. This tour does not stop anywhere for lunch. You can buy packed sandwiches and snacks at rest stops The locations might be visited in a different order, depending on traffic and weather The tour is not recommended for children under 8 years old. If your child is used to traveling, please book 1 seat per child and bring your own child seat