My Guide Website?
Dublin: Abbey Theatre Guided Backstage Tour6 Reviews
Learn about Ireland’s 20th century theater history on this backstage ticket to the Abbey Theatre in Dublin. Stand on the stage and get behind-the-scenes access to areas like costume and makeup.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dublin:If youʻre booking your trip to Dublin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the magic of the stage from the actor’s point of view
- Discover the Abbey's connection to famous figures like W.B. Yeats
- Get behind-the-scenes access to areas like costume, makeup, and props
- Learn about the Abbey Theater's history through items from the archive
- Connect with the current play being put on as you see the set designs
DescriptionPull back the curtain with this backstage ticket to the Abbey Theatre in Dublin. Let your guide bring history to life. Explore this theater that is closely associated with some of Ireland’s most famous authors like William Butler Yeats, Lady Gregory, Seán O'Casey and John Millington Synge. Meet your guide and begin your Abbey in the foyer. Admire the features in this theater which was established in 1904 as the first State-sponsored theatre in the English-speaking world. Uncover the secrets of the iconic part of Irish cultural heritage. Explore exactly how a show is created. Get up close to the set, designs, costumes, and props of the current production. Discover the history and significance of the Abbey Theatre. Watch as you guide brings the plays, people, and politics of the Abbey's history to life with access to selected items from the theater's archives. Feel like an actor as you step out onto the stage.
IncludesGuide Abbey Theatre backstage access
- This tour crosses multiple levels and involves stairs