My Guide Website?
Connemara Full-Day Small-Group Tour from Dublin267 Reviews
Visit Connemara to discover a place where the Gaelic language is still spoken, and sheep still have the right of way. Visit Connemara National Park, and a photo stop at Kylemore Abbey.
- Tour the Inagh Valley and Connemara National Park for views that will take your breath away
- Stop to take photos at the 19th-Century Kylemore Abbey, steeped in history from royal visits to tragic events
- Sail on Ireland's only fjord at Killary in Summer, or visit a sheep farm and cut some turf in the winter
- Visit the bohemian city of Galway
DescriptionDepart from the Molly Malone Statue in Dublin early in the morning and head towards Oughterard, the gateway to Connemara. Pass through quaint villages, with unparalleled views. Pass through Maam Cross, where you will get your first glimpse of one of the numerous lakes that make Connemara so famous. The area is a Gaeltacht region where the locals speak Irish, so you may have to learn a few words on your journey! Drive past the Maumturk Mountains and the magnificent Glencoaghan Horseshoe of the Twelve Bens Mountain range, one of Ireland's famous hiking routes. During the high season (April - October) this tour includes a 1.5-hour boat cruise around Killary harbor. During the low season (November - March) the boat cruise does not run; instead, you will visit the Killary Sheep Farm. You will be given a skilled sheepdog demonstration and told about how the people and the livestock cope with the barren land and the harsh weather. You will also be given a demonstration on Turf cutting. Maybe turn a sod yourself! The next stop is Kylemore Abbey, said to be one of the most romantic castles in Ireland (photo stop only). Here you can get some photos of this amazing setting and relax for some lunch (not included). Your final stop before returning to Dublin is Galway city, where you will have 1 hour 15 minutes to explore the city. Enjoy the lively atmosphere, visit the Claddagh ring museum and have a stroll through the famous Spanish arch.
IncludesTour of Connemara National Park and photo stop at Kylemore Abbey 90-minute boat trip down Ireland's only Fjord (April to October only) Guide Transportation
- Enjoy 10% off your meal back in Dublin at The Riddler Restaurant serving modern Irish food. Your guide can drop you off at the restaurant in Christchurch just minutes from downtown Dublin by foot. Quote 'GetYourGuide discount' to the waiting staff
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€85.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today