Connemara & Cong: Full-Day Tour from Galway380 Reviews
This tour of Connemara and Cong departs from Galway City and features visits to the lovely village of Cong, Killary Fjord, romantic Kylemore Abbey, and other places along the way. Stop at Lough Nafooey as well - home to Ireland’s own lake monster!
- Visit 14th-century Ross Errily Friary, nestled on the border of Galway and Mayo
- Explore the village of Cong on the shore of Lough Corrib
- See Lough Nafooey, known as the most haunted lake in Ireland, with its own lake monster
- Marvel at the beauty of Kylemore Abbey, the most photographed castle in Ireland
DescriptionThis full-day excursion to Connemara and Cong takes you to see the hidden Ireland that’s off the main tourist route. This is a magical day spent in typical Irish countryside. See the region come to life with stories from the past and its many legends - from killer sheep to lake monsters! The first stop is at Ross Errily Friary. This hidden 14th-century monastery is located just outside the village of Cong. You’ll have time to explore Cong Woods and see Ashford Castle, or just stroll through the town that was the setting for the 1950s classic film “The Quiet Man”. As you enter Connemara, you’ll see Lough Nafooey, known as Ireland’s most haunted lake. You’ll note the stark beauty of Connemara as you continue on your route, arriving at Killary Fjord in Leenane. Those staying in hostels can opt to hop off at Sleepzone Connemara - just let the tour operator know in advance! Head back inland and drive to Kylemore Abbey, where you'll have a break for lunch and sightseeing. There is an optional tour of the Kylemore Abbey and Gardens, this is not included in the tour price, but available for an additional fee. This is a discounted fee which is available to customers and the cheapest entrance rate available. After leaving Kylemore, drive through the Inagh Valley to Maam Cross, and Oughterard, completing the circuit of Lough Corrib before arriving back in Galway City at the end of your tour.
IncludesFree pick-up service available on request Fully-guided coach tour Optional entrance fee to Kylemore Abbey & Gardens Cost of lunch
- For students: Please bring a valid ISIC International Student Card to receive a student discount. For free pick-up service at all Galway city center hostels, hotels and guest houses, contact the supplier after booking.